9.26.2006

Contrast








Shimmering drops of water rushing down stream, aspen leaves fluttering in the breeze as they display beautiful shades of green, yellow and red. A Fall breeze sweeping through mountain valleys, my hair blowing in my face and music to fill my soul blaring through the speakers. There is absolutley nothing like that experience.

Today was one of those days where you awake with the Holy Spirit beckoning you to spend time alone with the Lord. A day when you wake up and are filled with joy for no reason other than the fact that you feel truly alive.

I took a prayer journey with God today. A drive through the Rocky Mountains. I am not really sure how anyone could take the drive that I did today and not believe in God. The beauty was astounding. I found myself feeling very small, and yet more alive then I have felt in months.

Sometimes I forget how good it is to just sing to God at the top of my lungs and worship Him from the depths of my soul. There is something utterly refreshing about driving for no reason. Life is always so hurried and crazed, (especially on the road) that it is a true blessing to leave home with no destination in mind and just drive. My journey today took me up Hwy 34 to Estes Park. My love for God and my passion for His unmatchable creativity exploded as I drove through the hills. His majesty and gradeur were splashed throughout the hill sides, and around each corner was a new glimpse into the very heart of God.

I pray for each one of us who are trying to follow Christ, that we would take time to revel in His glory. As the Psalmist writes... Be still and know that I am God. There is something unique about putting yourself in a situation where you realize that He is God and you are not! I cannot even fathom the enormity of His creation. The millions of trees and the trillions of leaves, and the many creatures that roam about the massive mountains. It is crazy to even try to wrap your brain around such a concept as the Maker of the universe!







My heart breaks as I see the contrast between pure light and shear darkness. I spent the evening at a local bar tonight watching a friend play music. I so enjoy live music, yet the blatent darkness of the bar scene just rips through me. The addiction, the pain, the sin. If only the people who call the bar "home" could see that there is so much more. I found myself struggling to love those people where they are. I want to be a light in dark places. I believe that Jesus calls us to live out His light in the dark places.

So, the question is...How do we as a new generation of the church love the light and bask in it, while at the same time loving those who live in darkness? I do not want to be a person that judges others. I do not want to live my life in the ways of this world. Yet, I so desire to be relevant and love people where they are. I want to be more like Jesus.

I pray that God will use our generation of worshippers to change the world. May we live lives that are worthy of our calling. May we inspire the change that those in darkness are desperate for.

We are the ones we are waiting for!

Living every day for the beauty of the Lord,
Kristi

1 comment:

Gibbytron said...

good to see you blogging again. :) I need to do more of that myself...