9.27.2006

Jesus Camp









Here we go again. Another "Jesus" movie. This time a documentary. Any of us who follow Christ need to educate ourselves on this new film that is taking the country by storm. For those of us in the Denver Metro Area, the next showing of this film is Friday October 6th.

My initial response is concern. I am all for raising children to love and fear the Lord, but this may cross some lines. I am excited to be a part of the conversation!

Check out Jesus Camp Myspace!

2 comments:

Rich Tatum said...

Hi, Kristi, if you're interested in seeing what a Pentecostal thought of the screening release (which may differ from the theatrical release, I'm not sure) be sure to see my commentary at Christianity Today Movies here and at my weblog here.

I think the film misrepresents most, if not all, of its subjects, and it needs to be seen with that caveat in mind.

Regards,

Rich
BlogRodent

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
I am so glad you brought this film to light. It is amazing to me the way Christians are portrayed in the media. I want to say We're not all like that!!!!" Anyhoo...

I love that you continue to rethink church and let us all share in your thoughts. I miss you tons!

Audrey