9.02.2007

Boba (Bubble) Tea















I had been hearing about Boba tea for a few months now. It seems to be all the rage these days. So, I guess it was time for me to join the Boba movement. Danika and I made our way to Downtown Kansas City to visit the one and only Boba Tea bar in Missouri.

I have to admit that I am not even cool enough to know what Boba tea is. I know I am not a huge fan of tea, and when you google boba, it is very un-clear what exactly it is.

The atmosphere in this Boba Tea bar was absolutely darling. Very relaxed and felt like home. (A generational trend? I think so!) So, I ordered. I received a sealed asian cup with a monkey saying ALOHA on the front, filled with pink milk and black balls of who knows what in the bottom. I was also given a very wide straw in order to suck up the mysterious black balls.

I knew I had to be brave and try this if I wanted to be "cool." ha ha ha

The milk stuff was fine. Tasted like a gum drop. The weird black balls, not so fine. I still don't know what they are (supposedly tapioca, but I have never seen black tapioca) they were slimy and chewy and nasty!

I am proud of myself for taking part in the experience, but I guess I am not cool enough to be a part of the Boba Tea generation.

As you were...

No comments: