2.18.2007

The Difference...









Lately, things around me have just seemed strange. Every circumstance I seem to find myself in is something that is terribly difficult for me to understand. From my previous blog about being cursed to hell for helping my neighbor, to all of this horrible talk about Pastor Ted, to the precious teenage life that was ended this week by suicide, to yesterday when I found myself in the midst of domestic violence in its worst form. As I drove the beat up girlfriend to a safe place, I was overcome with emotion and deep sadness as she told me about the reality that is her life.

She is pregnant. She is abused. She is locked at home, away from the outside world. Her mother is dying of stage 4 breast cancer and has lost her home to medical debt. She is spending her last days on earth living by herself in her car. Now, this girl wants an abortion, because she is broke, homeless and the father of her baby has a scary, violent personality. Sometimes, there are just no words. I hope that I did my best to tell this girl that she matters, that she is loved and that at least someone in the world cares about her well being.

I have continued to battle this theological debate in my head. Why I am so different. Why do I feel like an outcast? Why do I feel so hurt and upset by the state of the world around me?

Then, as I was putting on my makeup this morning and preparing my heart to worship, this simple revelation flooded my soul...

Glenn Packiam
Copyright 2006 Vertical Worship Songs:

"I am not the same
Everything's been different since the day
You came into my life

You will never change
You'll always be the Truth the Life the Way
You came into my life

Jesus you are the difference in my life
A joy I cannot hide
Savior, I'll show the world what You have done
And all that I've become
I'm not the same"


It sounds so elementary, so simple. But today I truly gained an understanding about who Christ is in my life, and that I am filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit. I am different. I am not the same. Thank God!

My heart beats for my generation today. May we be passionate followers of Christ who live differently and lead those around us to their Savior!

No comments: