2.09.2007

I am an Alien
















1 Peter 2:11

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul."

This morning as I was leaving for work, a man from my complex pulled out in front of me and I noticed that he had a completely flat tire. He obviously did not notice, and was driving full speed ahead on his rim. I began honking and waving. At the first stop light, I pulled up next to him and honked again. He rolled down his window, and I was able to tell him to pull over. While I was telling him about his tire, the light turned green. Obviously, I did not go immediately. After about 2 seconds of the light being green I was honked at, flipped off with both hands and told to go to hell! The man I helped thanked me, and I was on my way only seconds after the light had turned green. The guy behind me continued to swear at me as he sped around me. His wife joined in the Kristi bashing as well.

All I did was try to help a fellow citizen so he would not ruin his car. And, I get cursed to hell in return. I cannot imagine driving around and being that angry all the time. What a terrible way to live your life. I don't know why I am so different. That verse from 1 Peter really stands out to me this week. I am a stranger and an alien. The Holy Spirit in me has changed my life completely. I just don't feel like I belong.

I responded to the angry driver by smiling and praying for him. I am sure that made him even more mad.

Good times in the sweetheart city :) TGIF

No comments: